The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is a test to measure the English proficiency of individuals who are wanting to study or work abroad in countries where English is the ;language of communication.
There are two Modules in IELTS:
- Academic Module :It is for students who are planning to study at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- General Training Module:Is mainly for people who apply for migration and vocationa training programs.
- IELTS score is graded on a band scale from 0-9
- Generally the score required for UG is atleast 6 bands & for PG is 6.5 or more
- It usually takes 15 days to receive the hard copy of the result
- The score is valid for 2 years
Language skills assessed in both modules are: