14 September 2021 landmark
Having a family around, especially abroad, have abundant benefits. You are at peace that your family is secured and they don’t have to worry about you constantly.
Apart from that, the zest to excel is more and therefore, you work harder. A dependent visa is all you need to experience the best of both worlds. Let’s know its importance, benefits, eligibility criteria, and important documents required.
In this blog by Landmark Immigration, a licensed immigration consultant company, we are going to discuss everything about dependent visa.
Please watch our video for more information
What is a Dependent Visa?
A dependent visa permits the family members, the immediate dependents of the primary applicant to stay with them. This way your family can accompany you to a foreign state.
Thus, ensuring a better quality of life for your entire family along with a bright future. The dependents can live with them, explore the state and travel, and in some cases can even study or work. Dependents include-
- Children below the age of 18. Canadian dependent visa allows dependent children to be under 22 years of age.
- Spouse or partner
Factors supporting Eligibility for Dependent Visa
- Applying for the visa together
You are eligible for a dependent visa if your spouse is a study visa holder in Canada. Often there are situations where the couple wishes to apply for study and dependent visa together to embark on the journey together.
This is also called the SOWP (Student Open Work Permit) category. Although the category seems valid, the visa success rate is really low until and unless your profile is highly commendable. Even with an impressive profile, the visa success rate is low. Therefore, not recommended.
Another reason, why it is not recommended is that despite getting approved for a visa, you are taking your entire family (spouse and kids) abroad, which absolutely nullifies the purpose of studying abroad. The chances of refusal, therefore, increase.
What do we suggest in most cases? First, the main applicant gets a student visa, travel to Canada, work diligently, and get good grades. This would take 6-7 months, may a year for some to prove to the government that they are in fact, genuine student post which, you can invite your spouse.
- Although the dependents do not need to sit for the IELTS exam, they need to prove to the officials that the marital alliance is legal. The other details like, marriage certificate, photographs, courtship time before marriage (if applicable), how you met, what led to the alliance etc.
The second requirement is finance and career, whether you do a job or run a business, how much do you file as income tax returns, funds in your savings account, and the reason behind going to Canada. Most importantly, you should be financially stable to apply for a spouse dependent visa.
What You Should Be Prepared For
- Firstly, since it is a spouse dependent visa, and you are not working with a substantial amount in your account. Your parents or your grandparents can show their bank statement and account information to represent you and your spouse. However, no one else is eligible in terms of financial aid.
- Secondly, be patient with the results, it could take 5-6 months for the to get approved. Even more important, file for spouse dependent visa first
- Thirdly, there is no deadline to apply for a dependent visa, however, you need to complete your intake before proceeding with your spouse application. It will only, as be mentioned earlier, will prove that you are a genuine student.
If you want any consultation for securing a dependent visa, you can call us on 90412-90412 or send us a WhatsApp message. Alternatively, you can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.