3 February 2022 Mrs. Jaspreet Bhatia
If you want to visit Canada on business, you need to apply for a business visa. With a Canadian business visa, you can find business opportunities in Canada while also traveling the country for leisure. Here we will learn the important things about Canadian business visas, including definition, process, fees, and processing time.
Who is Considered as a Business Visitor by Canada?
Keep in mind that there are many conditions to meet to become a business visitor to Canada.
Two of the important factors making you a business visitor are:
- Involving in business activities without entering the Canadian labor market.
- Visiting Canada for exploring business opportunities, investment, or improving your business relationships.
A business visa lets you stay in Canada for up to 6 months. Canadian business visa might be extended to 3, 5, or 10 years, but you cannot stay there for more than 6 months at a time.
What Do You Need to Get Business Visa in Canada?
You can qualify for a business visa to Canada on the following factors:
- Visiting for less than six months
- Showing no intentions to enter the Canadian labor market
- Your business, source of income, and profits are made outside of Canadian territory.
- Documents to support your business visa application
- Meeting all the basic entry requirements—such as passport, enough funds for the visit and return, and are not a risk to citizens of Canada.
What You are Allowed to Do on a Canadian Visitor Visa?
Activities that you can perform as a business visitor are:
- Buying Canadian products or services for a foreign business or government
- Taking orders for services or goods
- Attending meetings, conferences, conventions, or trade fairs
- Providing after-sales service as part of a sales agreement or a warranty
- Opting for training given by a Canadian parent company that you work outside the nation
- Training the employees of your Canadian branch
What Documents You Should Have When You Arrive at the Border?
Make sure to keep the following documents handy when you arrive at the border of Canada on your Canadian business visa:
- Passport or travel document (should be valid for your entire stay in Canada)
- A valid visitor visa
- Letters of confirmation from your parent company and a letter of invitation from the Canadian host business or a Letter of Recognition from the Canada Border Services Agency
- Relevant documents to your visit such as warranty or service agreements
- Proofs of funds to support your entire stay in Canada such as bank statements
- Proof of COVID 19 vaccination
What is the cost of a Canada Business Visa?
The fee to apply for the Canadian business Visa is CAD 100 or 5910.62 INR with an additional fee of 5023.66 INR if you are ordered to produce your biometric information. So the general cost to apply for the Canadian business visa is 11,000 INR.
(NOTE: Please check the visa fee updates as the cost is likely to change over time.)
How Long Does it Take to Get Canada Business Visa?
It can take anywhere between 1 and 6 weeks for a Canadian business visa to be processed depending on the Canadian Embassy you are applying in.
What is the Validity of a Canadian Business Visa?
A Canadian Business visa is a temporary resident visa. That’s why it is not valid for more than 6 months. You should stay in Canada for the time allowed by your visa, even if it is less than 6 months.
Can You Bring Your Dependents With You To Canada On A Business Visa?
A business visa is issued for conducting the business activities such as finding clients, attending meetings, and training in Canada. But it doesn’t allow you to bring your dependents to Canada.
Your dependents such as children and legal partners are required to apply for a visitor visa instead