18 October 2022 landmark
- Due to the variety of options available and the scope of education in Canada, Canada is the first choice of Indian Students to pursue their career after the 12th.
- Canada is one of the best countries in the world, having top-ranked universities and colleges. Also, the degree obtained from Canadian Universities has significant global value.
- After 12th grade, students can pursue various courses in Canada depending on their interests and goals.
- According to the statistics, Canada warmly welcomes more than one lakh international students from India every year.
- If Canada is your preferred country to pursue your diploma course or graduation, then luckily, you are blessed in abundance with a multitude of career options so you can find the perfect course for your needs.
- It is also essential to consider what life experience they would like to gain after completing a course or program in Canada. For example, if a student wants to work in the Canadian economy after they finish their coursework, they may want to explore business or engineering programs.
- Canadian universities have a wide variety of programs, and you can find the perfect one for your needs by exploring the options available. If you want to study in Canada after passing the 12th grade, this blog will suggest many courses you can pursue.
Reasons why Indian students choose Canada for overseas education:
- Better living culture
- Simple immigration procedures
- Affordable education in contrast to other foreign countries
- Canada offers numerous ways for international students by which they can finance their education.
- This country is known for offering complete support to the success and development of International students.
- Canada strives to promote international ties and diversify the education industry.
What you choose after the 12th is one of the most decisive steps of your career. It lays the foundation for your future. Therefore you must be careful while choosing a relevant course for you.
Types of courses to pursue in Canada after 12th
Look at the type of courses Canada offers to international students. These are as follows:
Diploma courses for international students in Canada
It is an excellent choice for those students who wish to brighten their future. For this, Canada assets top-rated universities and educational institutes from where you can pursue your preferred diploma course.
For post-secondary students, the diploma courses need at least two years.
Also, it offers industrial and technical training to prepare you for the future.
These educational programs range from three to eight months on a specific subject. Upon completing these certified programs, you may acquire the required skills for an entry-level job.
Typically, these are two-year programmes in the arts, humanities and social sciences. It is equivalent to the first two years of four years degree programme.
For instance, on completion of an associate degree, a student is eligible to transfer his credits to a bachelor’s degree.
Undergraduate degree programmes have a duration of three to four years in Canada.
Top courses for medical students
Canada offers comprehensive courses for medical students after the 12th. A few of them are mentioned below:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Tech in Pharmaceutical
- Tech in Food Science Technology
- Veterinary Science
- BSc in Cardiology
- BSc in Physiotherapy
- BSc in Zoology
- BSc in Anesthesia
- BSc in Biotechnology
- BSc in Radiology
- BSc in Nutrition
- BSc in Biology
- BSc in Bioinformatics
- BSc in Botany
- BSc in Forensic Science
Courses after 12th Non-Medical
Non-medical is one of the most promising streams offering a diverse range of choices
- Tech/ BE
- BSc (IT, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Software)
- Engineering (Civil, Mining, Computer Science, Chemical, Computer Science, Geological, Material Science, Electrical, Automobile, Structural, Mechatronics, Robotics, Textile)
Courses after 12th Nursing
Canada has one of the best world’s healthcare facilities and services. Therefore it offers top nursing courses after the 12th. These are
- General Nursing and Midwifery
- BSc in Nursing
- Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery
- Post Basic BSc in Nursing
Top Courses in Commerce
Canada has a vast range of colleges that offers diverse career courses
- Bachelor of Computer Applications
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Statistics
- Accountancy courses
- Bachelor of Management Studies
- Company Secretary
- Certified Financial Planner
- BCom in Computer Applications
- BSc Actuarial Science
- BBA LLB
- BA LLB
Courses after 12th Without Math
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
- BBA (Supply chain management)
- Bachelor in Journalism
- Bachelor in Fashion Designing
- BBA in Marketing
- BA LLB
- BBA in HR Management
- BA (History, English, Sociology, Geography, Psychology, Economics, Political Science, Public Administration, Foreign Language, Language and Linguistics)
- BA LLB
Courses after 12th Designing
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- Bachelor in Fashion Design
- Bachelor in Video Game Design and Animation
- Bachelor of Environmental Planning and Design
- Bachelor in Communication Design
- Bachelor in Graphic Design
- Diploma in Apparel Design
- Diploma in Graphic Design Production
- Diploma in Interior Designing
- Diploma in Graphic Design and Photography
In conclusion, you can pursue various courses in Canada after 12th grade.
By taking courses that complement your interests and goals, you will be well on your way to a successful future in the country.
As it is one of the most critical decisions in your life, do thorough research, gather information and build up understanding to conclude the best path for you.