25 November 2021 landmark
For international students, the United Kingdom is among the most desirable study locations. Aside from its internationally renowned universities, the country provides a high-quality lifestyle and a diverse multicultural setting. Nevertheless, studying overseas might be prohibitively expensive. As a result, the United Kingdom provides stellar scholarships to overseas students. The Chevening scholarship is among the most desired. This prestigious, fully-funded scholarship program is now accepting applications.
This is a significant and long-awaited period for students who have their minds focused on studying in the United Kingdom. Because of the scholarship’s prominence, it’s critical to apply early and be meticulous with your application and the submission process.
How to submit the Chevening Scholarship online application?
Year after year, students repeat naive errors that turn into major blunders when filling out their forms. As a result, the Chevening Reading Committee suggests the following guiding principles to boost your odds of acceptance:
- Try avoiding forward, back, reload buttons on the browser. This will only delete your unsaved work.
- Avoid using an iPad, tab, or a mobile phone to fill up the form as it can affect your performance by messing the user experience. Always fill the form on a full-sized window on your PC or laptop.
- English is not only the most universally recognized language but also the only language accepted by the selection committee. Therefore, avoid using any language except English to fill the form.
- It is alright to prepare your answers in advance considering you wish to save time. However, it should be free from plagiarism.
- Be aware of the attachment sizes and word limit:
- The file name should not cross 50 characters.
- Answers should not be more than 500 and less than 100 words.
- Image size should not cross 5MB.
- Multiple email addresses are frowned upon. Unless it is an emergency, use only one email address throughout the process. It is important that you update them about the change.
- Use password protectors and always save your username and password throughout the submission process. In case, you choose to submit the application in multiple sessions, this method helps.
- For the best user experience that remains hassle-free, choose Google Chrome as the web browser.
To know more about it, talk to our consultant now.
How to keep the tone, language, and content?
First things first, it would be best to fully understand what the committee is looking for and accept. Take a look at the following suggestions that might make a good impression-
If you are writing about yourself
- Highlight your achievements in well-structured, clear, and grammatically correct sentences.
- Pointers are usually appreciated in any given format, but not in this case, paragraphs have an edge over pointers when describing your goals and plans.
- Your experience should be able to bring out your skills that are exceptionally relevant to your target course.
- Speaking of the target course, your plans and aim in life should align with it.
If you are writing about your skills
- Do not copy leadership quotes from the internet.
- Never be critical about your surroundings or former workplace.
- Inspiring experiences/stories that highlight your caliber and character should be included. Remember, to not be boastful.
- It is okay to mention team efforts along with individual achievements and experience.
If you are writing about the choice of study destination
- You should be confident with your choice of courses and it should reflect in your answers. Your answers should-
- Show how it helps in achieving your goals.
- Add value to the Chevening Committee
- Help in the development of your nation (home country).
- Your answers should aware the Reading Committee at Chevening about your immediate and long-term goals.
- Remember to keep your answers factual and realistic.
Applying for the Chevening Scholarship sure is a challenging task but with the above guidelines, you will be able to, without a doubt, submit an impressive application.