30 November 2021 landmark
Canada Work Permit, or a Work Visa, is provided to skilled overseas individuals to work in Canada for a certain time. Under this visa, permanent workers, business people, students, temporary workers, and others work in that country.
Canada is one of the popular destinations to work among foreign workers, thanks to factors like lucrative pay, a safe environment, and lots of job opportunities. And it is one of the nations with the most NRIs in the world.
If you have applied for a Canada work permit, you must be wondering how long would it take the application to process.
The processing time for a Canadian work permit is determined by several factors. However, the most important of all these factors is the nation you are a citizen of and whether you are applying inside or outside of Canada.
The Average Canadian Work Permit Processing Time is Between 1-9 Months
Generally, a Canadian work visa takes between 1-9 months. The processing time starts the day that the IRCC gets your application and completes it when they decide on the same.
Processing Times Will Be Determined By:
- The type of application submitted by you
- If the application is appropriate and complete
- Verification of information
- How quickly your application is processed
- How long do you take to respond to any concerns or requests
How Long Does it Take To Get Canada Work Visa from India?
For Indian Passport holders or Indian citizens, it might take up to 12 weeks or more to get a work visa.
What are the Factors That Affect the Canada Visa Processing Time
The Country You are Filing the Application Form:
The work permit processing time varies based on your country of residence and where you are applying from (inside or outside of Canada).
Or you can use this IRCC TOOL to learn how long it takes to process your work permit.
Is Your Application Complete?
Make sure your application is complete with every document and response to what the IRCC requires.
Number of Applications:
The processing time of your Canada work permit is also determined by the number of applications received by Canada. If they have received fewer applications, then you can expect your application to be completed within 1-9 months.
How is the Work Visa Application Processed
- Your application to check for all the necessary documents. It will be sent back if the application is found complete.
- A medical exam might be required which can take up to three months to the processing time.
- While biometrics are required with the application, an Indian passport holder might not require them as per the current guidelines. Please consult your immigration consultant as guidelines can be changed over time.
- The credentials of the employer will be checked.
- Your qualification will be checked.
- Once your application is approved, you will be issued a permit to work in Canada.
- Make sure to carry this letter when you leave for Canada.
- The Work Permit will be issued to you on your arrival in Canada.
Is Canada still Accepting Canada Work Permit Applications?
Yeah! Canada is still processing work permit applications.
The processing time for a Canadian work permit is anywhere between 1 and 12 months depending on several factors such as the place of filing application and the backlog of such applications Canada have. Whatever time it may take, make sure to send the complete application by following all guidelines. For more information on the work permit application, you can get in touch with our consultants at Landmark.