9 January 2023 landmark
Canada is by far the only country that has remained at the top position when it comes to international destinations for education. It manages to retain its position year after year after successfully providing the right environment for every foreign student or worker. Given the quality of education and influx of applicants, it is challenging to get accepted by Canadian Universities. On that note, let’s dive into the best Canadian universities with high acceptance rate.
Also, apart from a safe environment, top-notch education invites students from all over the world.
Which are some Canadian universities with high acceptance rate?
If you are someone who is struggling with Canadian university acceptances then here is a list of the best universities in Canada known for their academic records and their acceptance rates.
|Canadian Universities||Acceptance Rate|
|Memorial University of Newfoundland||50%|
|Simon Fraser University||35%|
|Toronto School of Management||60%|
|Thompson Rivers University||82%|
|University of Alberta||30%|
|University of British Columbia||75%|
|University of Guelph||50%|
|University of Montreal||50%|
|University of New Brunswick||74%|
|University of Saskatchewan||72%|
|University of Victoria||30%|
|University of Waterloo||35%|
|Wilfrid Laurier University||55%|
What is the application process for Canadian universities?
Regardless of your intake, the application process remains a standard one. To apply to Canadian Universities with high acceptance rate, you need to follow this step-by-step application process.
- Visit the official website of the Canadian university of your choice.
- Go through their course curriculum. Take a good look at the eligibility requirements for your course.
- Look for the application form on the website. It is mostly on the home page itself.
- To begin with the application process, you need to register using your phone number or email address.
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation message on the registered number or email address. This will also include login credentials.
- Set up the profile by adding your personal details (Name, DOB, gender etc.)
- Attach the required documents and update the academic qualification.
- Pay the application fees after selecting the course. The payment can be made through internet banking or a credit card.
- After the payment is made, your application is ready for submission. The application can be easily tracked through the same account.
- If your application gets through, a virtual interview is scheduled for you to attend.
What documents are required to apply for Canadian colleges?
There is a possibility that your college might include other documents on the list. Still, the following documents are the standard list required to send to any Canadian University-
- Two reference letters
- English language proficiency test score
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Official academic transcripts
- Translated copy of your degree certificate (in case the degree is printed in regional language). This applies to postgraduate applicants.
- Scanned copy of your passport.
How much does it cost to go study in Canada?
Your academic costs could vary depending on the course. Still, the average cost of studying in Canada remains the same. Take a look-
Average Tuition Fees per annum
|Overall Average||CAD 12,000 – CAD 30,000|
(7, 32, 840 INR -18,32,101)
|Application fees||$50 (INR 3,053) to $200 (INR 12,214)|
|Engineering & Medicine Courses||CAD 22,000 (INR 13,43,540)|
|Humanities, Business & Management||CAD 5,500 (INR 3,35,885) to CAD 6,500 (INR 3,96,955)|
|Law||CAD 14,000 (INR 8,54,980.39)|
|Visual and Performing arts||CAD 5,000 (INR 3,05, 350) (applicable to both)|
Average Tuition Fees per annum
|Overall Average||CAD 18,000 (INR 10, 99, 260)|
|Application fees||$50 (INR 3,053) to $250 (INR 20,436)|
|Engineering||CAD 19,301 (INR 11,57,152)|
|MBA||CAD 28,000 (INR 17,09,961)|
|Nursing||CAD 47,800 (INR 29,19,148)|
|Executive MBA||CAD 29,000 (INR 17,71,031)|
|Dentistry||CAD 22,472 (INR 13,72,365)|
|Law||CAD 10,000 to CAD 55,000 (6,10, 700INR-33,58,852INR)|
Tough Programs to get into in Canada
Some Canadian universities only admit students with exceptionally high average GPAs. These are-
- Mechanical Engineering, McGill University
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) | Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
- Engineering Science, University of Toronto
- Software Engineering, University of Waterloo
- Bachelor of Health Sciences, McMaster University
- Bachelor of Commerce, Queen’s School of Business
Amidst the tough competition, there is scope for you to be accepted into many deemed Canadian universities. Consult our experts at Landmark Immigration to increase your chances of getting accepted to the Canadian University of your choice.