21 August 2022
Health science focuses on applying the concepts of science in the areas of health, such as environmental health, nutrition, and medicine. It is a combination of the STEM disciplines and healthcare. Health science graduates are proficient in patient circumstances, anatomy, therapy, mental health, autism, addiction, disease, nutrition, human illness, and healthcare management.
International students can decide to pursue health science courses in any country globally. However, the pedagogical methodology that is used in Canada is considered to be the best. Let us look at the advantages of studying health science in Canada in this article:
Canada has an advanced health care system
One of the most important reasons to choose Canada for health science courses is the advanced health care system incorporated in Canada. The country as a whole has been focused on advancing health care since the beginning.
This provides international students with a lot of lucrative opportunities to get a job and launch their careers in health science. Canada offers a lot of highly-ranked educational institutions that offer some of the best training and education available in health science globally.
What are the health science programs offered in Canada?
From medical science to nursing, international students have the option to choose to get an education in a considerable variety of program opportunities that are available in the health science domain.
Each academic institute that is established in Canada is devised to improve the overall international student experience with the mandated technology and most delinquent tools for these courses.
Here are some popular courses offered in Canada for students who want to study health science:
- Bachelor Of Technology In Digital Health
- Bachelor Of Science In Bio veterinary Science
- Bachelor Of Health Science In Respiratory Therapy
- Bachelor Of Health In Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor Of Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor Of Science, Biotechnology
- Bachelor Of Science In Human Nutritional Sciences
- Bachelor Of Science In Health Information Science
- Bachelor Of Human Kinetics
- Bachelor Of Kinesiology
- Bachelor Of Applied Health Science In Paramedic
- Bachelor Of Psychiatric Nursing
- Bachelor Of Science In Nursing
- Bachelor in Healthcare Management
- BA in Health and Community Service
- Bachelor’s in Health Science
Does Canada offer courses at the Diploma level in health science?
Canada even offers plenty of undergraduate programs at the Diploma as well as Advance Diploma levels. Here are some popular courses offered in Canada:
- Human Kinetics or commonly known as Exercise Science
- Food Technology
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Practical Nursing
- Physical or Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Dental Hygiene
- Dental Assistance
What are the admission criteria to get into health science courses in Canada?
International students who are planning to pursue health science courses in Canada have to clear specific eligibility criteria that are based on the prerequisites of the academic university that they select for their education. However, there are many general requirements that each student needs to fulfill, such as:
- Standardized score test results that measure English language proficiency, such as IELTS and TOEFL
- The student needs to be a high-school graduate or hold an equivalent degree.
If you also want to seek a career in health science yet are baffled by the variety of available options, you can simply explore some counselling options that can help you in evaluating which option is the best for you.
As the world recovers after the COVID-19 pandemic, a new form of lifestyle is arising. People are focusing more and more on the importance of health and are making an effort to stay healthy. It has also spiked the necessity of having professionals in health sciences along with other sectors of the healthcare industry. The fact is that there is no better country to pursue this dynamic area of study and research than Canada.